Research opportunities for PhD students
We welcome applications from PhD students who wish to join the project team (see the overall project description). We are keen to extend the number of PhD students working on the project and invite you to talk to us.
Examples of possible topics
The following are examples of topics that student researchers could participate in:
- ethnographic research in an elite school in any former British Commonwealth country or protectorate not listed above.
- other ethnographic studies in Australia
- the impact of increased global flows of students, parents and alumni on elite schools
- if and how the schools are altering their curriculum in relation to elite global labour markets
- how students imagine their place and purpose in the global world and how the school is helping to shape their imagination
- how future national and global leaders are being prepared through these schools
- elite school histories in the context of colonialism
- education policies and funding issues re elite schools in related countries
- representations of elite schools in the media and in literature
- other types of elite schools (international , corporate) not connected to the British model of public schools
We also welcome fresh ideas for other related projects.
- Global ethnography
- Historical analysis
- Textual analysis
- Policy analysis
- Conceptual explorations and development of the education/class nexus and the complex configurations of national/global relations